Everything changes for better as time passes by

Yanyan - Orchard Park, New York

I believe that everything changes for better as time passed by.

Three years ago, my family moved from China to The United States and we settled in Orchard Park. I was in Middle school for a month then I went high school. The year 2005 was a tough year for me. That year, I suffered a lot of pain and I will never forget about it. Loneliness is a dead poison that had almost makes me a heart sick. I was new not only in school, but in this new environment with no friends and no English.

My daily school life was awful. For my sister and I, we found out that lunch time was the worst time of the day, and we were even afraid of it. I remember my first lunch in freshmen year. It was 4th period; I went earlier to the cafeteria because I was afraid of being late so I wanted to find the best seat for myself. After I got my lunch, I was searching for the seat to hide from everyone. Unfortunately, I wasn’t smart; I chose the table in the center of the cafeteria-which is not a good place to hide myself. As more students came to the cafeteria, the seats were getting full. Someone stopped at my table, I thought he wanted shares the table, but I was wrong. He asked if he could take a chair. I didn’t mind so he took the chair away. As I continued my eating, more students came over to my table asked me if they could take a chair. Finally, my table was empty and I was alone by myself. This moment was my worst time I ever had.

Since my first lunch, I never went to the cafeteria again. The next year, I was a sophomore and I watched the movie “Mean girl”. This movie brought back my memories of my freshmen year lunch time. In the movie, a girl who just moved from Africa was named Cady Heron. When I watch the scene that when Cady had her first lunch, and she was searching for a seat and she end up with eating her lunch in the bath room, I almost cried. I know from my heart how hard it was for the new kid trying to fit in the new environment.

As the year passes by, I see things were getting better. I was a new student with no friend and no English first time when I arrived in the high school, but things changed as time passed by. I can see myself improving my English and I had made few friends over the year. I was not a lonely person anymore. I got friends and new language. I believe that everything changes for better as time passed by. Everything is possible if you want to do. The losers are the one who give up and never try hard.