Everything Happens for a Reason

Daniel - Orchard Park, New York

Everything Thing Happens for a Reason

By Daniel B

Everything happens for a reason, this I believe. If you were to pick things out that happen to you on a daily basis, I bet that you would be able to come up with a reason why it happened. It does not have to be anything meaningful in you life, it can be anything, and I mean anything.

Just the other day I was eating breakfast before school and I realized I forgot my socks. When I went into my bedroom to get them, I saw my history project on my desk that was due that day. Finding my history project was the reason for me forgetting my socks.

It can also be much more meaningful that something like that. Recently I tore my patella tendon in my knee ending my first year of varsity lacrosse before it started. Before this I was a pretty inactive kid other than playing lacrosse. The only time I saw the inside of a weight room was in gym class and I never would run. I also ate pretty unhealthy. When I found out my season was over, I realized that if I did not do something about being active, I would become extremely fat. So I finally started to work out on my own and eat healthier. The path I was on was only leading me to poor health. Now I have healthy habits.

Three years ago, the Buffalo Sabres lost in the Easter Conference finals to the Carolina Hurricanes. If the Sabres had advanced there was a pretty good chance the series would have gone to five games or more. It just so happened, that I had tickets to the Dave Matthews Band concert. The concert was coincidently on the same night and same time as game five would have been. That concert was one of the best nights of my life. Because of that concert I have fallen in love with their music, so much to the point where I am kind of obsessed. If the Sabres would have won Game seven of the Eastern Conference finals, who knows if I would have gone to the concert and therefore become the biggest Dave Matthews Band fan I know. Everything happens for a reason, this I believe.