Taking Life for Granted

Amy - orchard park, New York

Taking Life for Granted

Being born on January 26, 1991, was a complete different type of life style than what life is like now. Illness was extremely hard to cure, war was very hard to end, and weapons were not as intense as they are today, an illness taking over the world one person at a time, was cancer. Cancer was found in almost any part of the body, brain, stomach, etc, this I believe.

At the age of fourteen I had found out that my uncle had been diagnosed with brain cancer. At the time my uncle was only twenty five and seemed very healthy. Once the cancer was found the doctors took charge and tried very hard to eliminate it. My uncle then became very sick. I always had hope inside me that he would be okay because with all the technology the world uses I figured they could come up with something. The world wouldn’t survive without technology, this I believe.

My uncle had worked for the Buffalo Sabres for a few years so when my family organized a benefit, a few Sabres players came to help raise money for him. The Sabres are a very strong team that the people of Buffalo need to see. They are very good at what they do, and they enjoy every minute of it, this I believe.

My uncle went trough months of radiation and other types of therapy. He was no longer allowed to drive and he had to live with another person, so he moved in with us. With him being this sick, I still believed. People around the world were getting cancer like there was no tomorrow. The news would have stories about it because it became such a horrid and popular disease. That shows that the world needs to stop taking life for granted and realize that anything can happen. This I believe.

Life is taken for granted by many people. People think that since they are rich they should go out and spend all their money to make themselves look better. I believe that you should use your money for something important because who knows when someone could get sick and have no money to cure their sickness. Spend your money wisely, this I believe.

People around the world come in all different types of social classes. For example, there are many people in Afghanistan that are very poor and can not afford clothing and food. Then there’s the people in the United States who complain when their parents won’t by them the new style clothing that’s out. That is the a horrible thing about this world, and this I believe.

I believe that if a person can enjoy their life with out all the food and clothing the United States have, then the United States can limit the clothing and food, and send it to the poor, because to help out someone less fortunate than you, is one of the best feelings a person can get, and this I believe, more than anything.