Dancing To The Beat OF Your Own Drum

Alan - buffalo, New York
Themes: work

I believe in the importance of setting a pace for your self and working with a 100% effort. This is what I mean by dancing to the beat of your own drum. When you make a “beat on your drum” you are setting a pace for your self. By “dancing” it’s the effort that you put forth at working.

All my life my parents, teachers, and grandparents have told me that I could be what I want as long as I put my mind to it. They also told me that I could do anything that I wanted by just putting my mind to it. Well I believe that there is more to it then just putting your mind to it. I believe that setting a pace and putting in that 100% is how you achieve your goals.

At my job I worked hard to get were I am now. I started off as a dishwasher witch is the lowest man in the work place. But now I am a cook and I manage my shift. I have achieved this by putting my mind to it, setting a fast pace, and I always put forth my 100%.

In my future I will still be dancing to the beat of my own drum. I will still be putting in my 100% and working at an even faster pace because I want to own my own restaurant. In order to do this I need to pass high school, go on to college and graduate. Then I plan on working on a cruse ship just until I have enough money to open my own business. Still long after I open that restaurant I will still be fast pace and a 100% guy because I will be working in that restaurant until I die. Knowing that I created a good strong money making restaurant will be a great accomplishment for me.

Growing up in a house hold with an older brother and a little brother that has a mental disability has been a fast pace life. My mom and dad were always working at a fast pace between working themselves and dealing with us 3 kid. My mom was the one that really made me a fast pace worker because I was always the one that had to watch and take care of my little brother when my mom was not home. Having an older brother also made be try my best and work at a fast pace because I always wanted to be better then him. I would try to be better then him at everything school, sports, and working.

There is always something in your life that will make you do something as hard as you can and you will do it at a fast pace. That is why I believe that fast pace and 100% effort is important. That is why I will continue to dance to the beat of my own drum.