Annoying Fans

Scott - Colden, New York
Themes: sports

Annoying Fans

It might not be an idea that is important to most, but it is one that has been on my mind for a while. I have been a hockey fan for my whole life; if it is playing hockey or watching hockey. I have been a Buffalo Sabres fan my whole life and have been to many games. I feel I am a pretty knowledgeable guy when it comes to the game of hockey.

I love the feel and the excitement when I walk into the HSBC Arena on a night when the Sabres are playing. Ever since the lockout the Sabres have been a very exciting team to watch and have been very important to the people who live in Buffalo. I am in the stands watching a good hockey and then the visiting team gets a penalty. I am excited for the Sabres power play and hope they can put one into the back of the net of gain some momentum. Then the annoying Sabres fans, who probably know nothing about hockey start yelling “shoot” at the top of their lungs. I’m pretty sure that a professional hockey player who has played the game his whole life is not going to listen to a fan telling him to do something. The most it is going to do is distract the players and that is hurting the whole home ice advantage. A hockey player cannot shoot every time he touches the puck. He has to find a shooting lane before he can shoot or it will get blocked, which happens a lot. When the Sabres move the puck around and wait for a good opportunity to shoot on the power play they have more success. The worst is when the same fans that yell “shoot” for the whole two minutes of the power play, say I told them to shoot. Well if you say “shoot” for two minutes strait and the Sabres score, it is really hard to be wrong. Most of these fans are bandwagoners who have just started to like the Sabres after the lockout. I have nothing against bandwagoners because they help out the Sabres financially. I do not like bandwagoners that think they know everything about hockey, but really they know nothing and have just started watching hockey in the past couple of years.

The Sabres power play the other night against the Toronto Maple Leafs shot the puck the grand total of two times on two power plays and with the two shots they received two goals. They worked the puck around a found that perfect shot and they scored. So for all those Sabres Fans out there that yell “shoot”, please don’t, let the professionals do their job. This I Believe.