Different tpes of intellegence

Lindsey - Orchard Park, New York

I am a strong believer that intelligence does not have anything to do with the grades that are received in school. It is unfortunate that in today’s society people are somtimes looked down upon by teachers, parents, and peers if a student does not have good grades. For example, it is possible for a student who stuggles in school yet they could be an incredible musician of some sort.

Ever since I could remember, my sister kelly, who is currently a senior at The Buffalo Seminary, has always been an honor roll student. My parents always congradulate her for her good grades that she receives at the all girls collage prepetory school that she has attended the past four years. On the other hand, I’m someone who usually tries hard in school, and receives grades in the low 70’s on average. It is frusterating to see my sister who puts little effort into school and still maintains her staus, when I’m one who constantly struggles in school.

I have realized that school is the only thing that comes easy to my sister kelly. When it comes to thigns such as socializing and having good street smarts, I have observed that she lacks in such areas. People skills and good street smarts are two thigns that come very easy to me with little effort. My sister and I are clearly intellegent in opposite ways. It is good that my parents realize that we are equally intellegent but different. I think if more people would understand that there are many different types of intellegence, people will be more accepted and not looked down upon as much.