GOD’S Awesome Power

Adelia - Sacramento, California

I believe in the power of prayer, miracles, and GOD. There are many personal events that I have already experienced, at the age of thirteen, that have demonstrated the power of GOD, miracles, and prayer. I thank God for the following demonstration of his awesomeness.

When I was real young, my cousin, Jackie, was said to have AIDS. The doctors had not yet tested her, but they said they were sure she did have AIDS. My whole family was devastated by this news. My dad and I, being very trusting in GOD prayed everyday. In our daily prayers, we would include my cousin. WE would ask that he heal her, and soften her pain.

One night, my dad had decided he was going to fast for a week, and read the bible whenever possible, for GOD. My dad did exactly this. On day two of this “schedule,” while praying, GOD told my dad that my cousin was going to be ok and did not have AIDS. My dad called my aunt and told her the good news and how he knew it. My aunt didn’t believe my dad at all. She thought he was crazy, and said the only way for my cousin to heal was if GOD worked a miracle. Later that week, on Friday, my cousin had received her test results from the doctor. The tests came back negative. My cousin did not have AIDS. She had been diagnosed with Diabetes.

GOD works in mysterious ways. To me, this is an example of a miracle, the power of prayer and prayer. How could it not be? The doctors were sure she had AIDS! Believe GOD heard my family’s prayers and saw we were sincere about them. Some people say it wasn’t a miracle, because she was still diagnosed with a disease, but I say, “The Miracle we hope for, is not always the miracle we receive.” If we are faithful to Him, He will be faithful to us.

If you are in the same situation, my only advice is pray. Trust that GOD will protect you. If he put you to it, he’ll bring you through it.