Truth

Jack - Bartlesville, Oklahoma

Jack A

4th Hour

I Believe

I believe in truth. Truth is anything that is correct of nature. Truthful words are usually wise words. I have experienced the effects of going against truth or otherwise known as lying. It was in my math class and I was as tired as a bear about to hibernate. I decided not to do the homework assignment and a couple of days later the teacher ask me about it and I said that I already turned it in. She believed me and said that I could re-do it(since she thought she lost it). Sometime later she overheard someone talking about me getting away with what I had done. She gave me a zero and called my parents. Even though I got away with it for awhile, the truth came back and revealed itself.

Sharing the truth instead of something else is the right thing to do. It may not be the easiest thing to do, but it is defiantly the most right thing to do. Sharing the truth is like sharing wisdom or like sharing reality. Truthfulness is a value everybody should have. Being truthful to others makes you more reliable. It is a good thing to have the value of truthfulness. To be faithful in truth is a smart thing to do. It is right to have faith in truth. Even if the truth is not real it is still bad to have more faith in the lies that make everything seem better.

These are reasons I believe in truth, that I believe in honesty, and that I believe in reality. Truthfulness shows integrity in which I think everybody should keep their integrity by not lying. Even though telling the truth is a hard thing to do, it is still one of the most right and important things to do.