I Believe in Love at First Sight

Alisha - Chatsworth, Georgia
Themes: love

Everyone has many different things that he or she strongly believes in. I believe in something many people don’t really believe in. Something that I really didn’t believe in until about two years ago, when I was hit straight in the face by it. I believe in love at first sight.

In the summer of 2005, I had completely given up on finding “Mr. Right.” I had been through many bad relationships. I had been through every type of guy from control freaks to stalking psychos. I had decided after breaking up with my very last boyfriend, that I had dated for almost three years, to be single for a long time. Then, one day while I was at work these three guys came through my line at Bojangles at breakfast time, and this one guy caught my eye. I could barely concentrate as I took each one of their orders, and typed them into the computer. My heart felt as if it was going to pound out of my chest ,and it felt like there was a thousand butterflies in my stomach. There wasn’t anyone in line after the three guys, so I went into the dinning area to straighten things up. I was hoping that the guy would at least speak to me, but he didn’t. As the guys went out the door, I heard one of them tell me bye. My heart fluttered with excitement to think that he was the one who had said this, but at the same exact moment I felt deeply depressed to think that I might never see that guy again.

It had been several weeks since I had seen that guy, but one morning he came in by himself to get breakfast. I hoped that he would at least introduce himself, but he just ordered breakfast. I was completely devastated by this time because I thought that since he hadn’t even tried to speak to me he had to have a girlfriend, so I gave up all my hopes on ever dating him. A few weeks later, I had went to the mall with my mom to hang out and look for a new job. After leaving the mall, my mom and I went to Sonic and we both got a route forty-four ,blue coconut slushy. We were both sitting there in my jeep drinking our slushies when all of a sudden, I spotted him driving towards the mall. I didn’t react because I still thought he had a girlfriend, and wasn‘t interested in me. My mom told me to follow him, and find out if he had a girlfriend because she said if he did then she should be with him at the mall on a Friday night. So, I followed him all around the mall until he parked, and I had already passed where he had parked. When I looked in my rearview mirror, it appeared as if he couldn’t get out of his truck quick enough and there was no sign of anyone with him.

After seeing that he was actually attempting to come and speak to me, I slammed on my breaks because I didn’t want to miss my chance to get to speak to my dream guy. We finally introduced ourselves, his name was Shawn, and we discussed going out sometime. We exchanged phone numbers and then went our separate ways. When Shawn called me, I hadn‘t even made it home yet. We made plans to go out that weekend. I decided to go on a date with Shawn because I had a strange feeling that we were meant to be together. I had so much fun on our first date. There wasn’t a single boring moment the whole night. After, our first date I knew that this would be the guy that I would spend the rest of my life with.

Almost seven months later, Shawn asked me to marry him and of course, I said yes. We got married on June 24,2006, and this June 24 will make two years that we have been married. I couldn’t be any happier of a person than I am today. Without Shawn I would be incomplete, and I know we will be together for the rest of our lives. Falling in love in Shawn is why I came to believe in love at first sight.