Zachary - Bartlesvlle, Oklahoma

Job 31:1 says, “I have made a covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully at a girl.” This passage in the Bible directly relates to “Bounce.” A few days ago, my bible study leader gave me this red wrist band. On this band said a simple word, Bounce. He then went on to explain to me what bounce meant. This term means when you want to look at a woman lustfully, you need to have your eyes just bounce off of that girl. Lust, for those of you who were wondering, means a strong desire for something. So whenever you lust at a woman, you are wanting her with a strong desire.

Every man knows how easy it is when a girl walks by to “check her out.” You may seem no harm in this and think it is no big deal. But when you look at her with lust you are not respecting her or her body. 1st Corinthians 6:19 says, “Her body, like yours, is the temple of the Holy Spirit. I don’t think it is a good idea to invade a temple that is so important to God. But you can look at a girl and think she is attractive. It’s looking at her and the thoughts that creep into your head that make it lust.

Temptation leads to lust. Think about how easy it is to look at that woman you see in the movie you are watching.. Or that girl on the website you are on. Or that girl in the magazine you are reading. Or that girl staring in the TV show you are watching. Or the girl walking down the hall wearing the mini-skirt. All of these are temptations. When you are faced with these temptations, you need to overcome them. I’m not saying that it is easy; I know how hard it is. But the Bible says in 1st Corinthians 10:13, “No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.” This says God will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you can resist. You CAN resist the temptation of lust.

In Matthew 5:28-29 Jesus says, “But I tell you, everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away.” Jesus would rather you to get rid of what is causing you to lust than to lust. This shows how big of a sin lust is to God. Lust isn’t just something that you can do and not think it is a big deal. It is a big problem in many teenagers life that we face. We all just need to learn how to overcome this dangerous, deadly sin.

Overcoming lust wont just happen overnight. It is our nature to sin. Sin has been apart of us ever since Adam and Eve ate the fruit. Everyone, including me, lusts. But luckily we have God to forgive, and help us get though whatever sin we are dealing with in our life. This I believe.