I Believe in Music

Garrett - Lagrange, Illinois

Garrett T

I believe in music. Music is one of the best things in our world. It does many things. Music can bring you into a whole other world, music gives me a lift when I am bored, and finally music can bring people together.

When I need a break from all the badgering from my parents and all the things I have going on at school. I pick up my guitar. I pick up my guitar and I play what I want to play. Its not a book that I have to read, its not a project that I have to do, its something that I enjoy. And with each note I play, all of my stress and worries float away. The guitar is my escape to a world were I do not need to be worry about every aspect of my life. It is my escape to a world where I am most happy.

When I am bored in a car ride, dreading a long walk, or just trying to pass some time. I turn to music. It’s a nice lift from staring at the sidewalk or the back of a seat. Music adds an aspect to every task that makes it more enjoyable and less timely. When you have music you have something more powerful and more special than anything else.

Music also has the power to unite people. I was at a birthday party, and like most parties it had food, and it had friends. But what this party lacked was music. The guests of the party were sitting on chairs and couches, mostly keeping to themselves. But when I decided to play some music, everyone got up to dance. The dancing led to talking and more socializing. The music got everyone together because music is something that everyone can relate to. And music is something that everyone loves.

I believe in music, and I believe in the amazing things that it can do for everyone in everyday life. I believe that music can take you to your favorite place in the world, although you may not have even been there yet. I believe that music can pick you up from dreaded boredom and give you something to look forward to. And I believe that music unite can unite America through one common interest.