I Believe That Hoops are my Life

Viktoras - El Cajon, California
Themes: sports

I Believe That Hoops are my Life

I believe that I was born to play basketball. Being the 6 ‘7” that I am, basketball is my natural skill. Basketball is a world famous sport. Many people know of this sport because of the huge sports stars that many of us look up to. While playing basketball it allows me to escape from my problems in life. I really feel that basketball is my second nature. I do not know what I would be doing in life if I did not have basketball. I believe this is my God-given talent and that I can be an example to others through this sport.

Talent is a gift or a skill just comes naturally or that you love being able to do. I believe that each individual has their own special talent. So in this way I believe that hard work can’t beat talent even though talent would not try that hard. I believe that maintaining my talent will bring me a great reward in my life.

Another great experience about the basketball is the prospect to travel around the world for games and tournaments. Traveling worldwide gives me the chance to visit and explore places I have never been or thought about. Basketball allows me to spend time with friends and family and have fellowship with one another. This teaches discipline, teamwork, and the act of working together as a whole. Basketball gives everyone a hope that they can do something with their lives. Even those who are poor can have a chance in life to make something of themselves and their lives.

Basketball provides an amazing opportunity for education. Receiving scholarships gives the less fortunate an opportunity to succeed for the better. Through my experience I can be an example to others and give them a hope to look forward to. For example I came all the way from Lithuania to pursue my education through basketball. I was able to go to a private high school and play basketball while receiving a free education. Many people in Lithuania would dream of coming to America to live and experience the many remarkable assets of this country. I am so fortunate to have been able to come and play basketball while I am receiving an education.

To conclude I believe that basketball is an amazing sport in which everyone should participate. Basketball is like a shining star for underprivileged people who cannot purchase a pair of basketball sneakers. If basketball did not exist the world would not be the same. Each person has their own talent in which they need to discover. My talent happens to be basketball and I hope you find yours.