Breaking Promises!

Katie - Mt.Jackson, Virginia

Breaking Promises!

Written By: Katie D

Were you ever disappointed because someone made you a promise that they failed to keep? Or when you broke a promise you made to someone else? Friends that are trusted shouldn’t break promises that are meant to keep. I think breaking promises is morally wrong.

I have broken a promise before and it came back and bit me in the butt. It never occurred to me that I was doing the wrong thing by breaking my friend’s promises.

One time I was planning to go to my friend’s house because I pinky promised to come over. When the day came I told her wasn’t feeling good but I pinky promised to come over. Yes I know I did but things came up and I can’t go now but maybe next week.

My best friend told me a deep dark secret she had for a few months. The secret is that she thought she was pregnant then she found out she wasn’t. She told me not to tell anyone about it but I broke her promise. I told her enemy that she was not pregnant because I thought it wasn’t fair for her boyfriend to think that he is going to be a father.

How come people think it is funny to break somebody’s promise? Maybe it’s because they hear their promises and want to get revenge on somebody they don’t like. That was not the case when I told my friend’s promise. I was mad at a person but it wasn’t her. She is my best friend so why would I be mad at her. I just wanted to get somebody hurt for how mad I was. She did find out that somebody had told her promise but she never found out it was me because she told other people not just me. My friend’s false pregnancy changed my life for ever. So we are still very good friends.

If you ever think you are going to break a promise think again because it may come back in your face. You may lose your friendship with the person you broke the promise with. I was lucky that didn’t happen to me. I hope I never break any more promises because I know that it might come back to them. Breaking promises can be the last thing your friends may think of you. I hope I don’t break anymore promises. I want to keep my friends, not lose them.