Being Yourself

Troy - Quicksburg, Virginia

Being Yourself

I believe that you shouldn’t let other people direct the way you live. I don’t think you should wear certain clothes just because somebody said so. I believe that you be yourself and not try to be someone else. Just be you and be creative. Trying to do what’s cool may lead to trouble.

I personally know some people who try to be cool, but end up acting like complete idiots. They would be better off being themselves. Life is too short to be worrying about what others think of you. It is no fun when people discriminate you on how you look or how you do things. I could really care less about what people think of me.

You are wasting your life if your basing everything you do in life is based on whatever other people think of you. It shows me that you don’t that you don’t have much creativity or your style of doing things. I don’t try to make myself look totally off of this planet, but I don’t make myself somebody else’s follower. Some of the apparel they wear is just plain uncomfy for me.

I don’t like to talk the same way others do either. I just always try not being like them. Being myself is way better than pretending to be a clone of somebody, I don’t care if people think I’m cool or not, I just do things my way. Trying to be someone else can cause you to lose your friends.

My cousin is one of the people I know who tries to be cool. He doesn’t act like he used to. He doesn’t do anything fun anymore because he thinks it’s not cool. It’s not even fun be around him anymore. It’s hard to even have a normal conversation him or even make a joke. Sometimes I think that he thinks that he is too cool for me and my family. The funny thing is that he’s the one always getting in trouble. He also lost a lot of his own creativy too. It feels like I don’t even know him anymore, like I’ve lost a friend.

Being myself, that’s what I believe. I believe that the world would be a better place if people didn’t live their lives being what other people want them to be.