Unity in music

Patrick - LaGrange, Illinois

I believe that music brings people together. How many times have you been asked what kind of music do you listen too? Or who’s your favorite band? These two questions for me have helped me meet the people today that are my best friends.

I am in a band and used to be in a different band and a band is almost like a family that plays music. Quickly in these bands I have already met people that are like my brothers. These bands with their music help unite people together and, they unite many completely different people.

Music is a culture and this massive musical culture brings people from different states and towns into one place. Even though the people are all different you all have at least one thing in common you like the bands that are playing at this venue. Many of these concerts bring so many people young and old from different generations and this music unites them. They all collide under one single roof or in one single place. All to hear these bands music which has some how connected to them.

These musicians can mold the minds of their listeners. They express their anger, pain, or their ideas. Like Bob Marley or Bob Dylan they both wanted world peace and both fused their ideas into song. Many people followed these ideas. There music was almost like a movement, a small revolution for freedom. Many artists have an extreme influence on there fans.

I listen to all sorts of music and every single song has a different message and its own musical complexity that flows through the ears and is broken down by the mind and can bring pleasure, or sooth the savage beast within, or just plain make you jump around. The point is many of these songs that I love express a strong feeling or idea. From heavy metal to reggae each song has an important idea and the songs that make the most sense and are most influential on me, are the songs that I can connect to