Ausrine - chicago, Illinois

My belief is that people should respect musicians. This belief includes musicians from genres you do not usually listen to. Why discriminate against different genres and musicians if they inspired some of the musicians you love? My belief guides me to R-E-S-P-E-C-T the musicians around me.

There are many tips that can be used to make this belief flourish. One of them is “Do Not Judge Thy Fellow Musician.” Instead of making first impressions one should experience the art a musician makes. If others talk badly about a musician one should make sure he or she should not commit those judgments to memory. Also, if a musician makes a mistake, one should try to forget it because every musician makes mistakes.

Another tip is “Make Thy Own Opinions About Music And Musicians.” Do not conform to everybody else’s views. A person who does not conform to others opinions can improve the music industry and can form new ideas. Conforming to a small extent is alright just as long as one tries to discover different bands and accepts them. Do not be afraid to listen to new musicians – the sound will not kill you.

One of the last tips is “Do Not Obsess Over One Band” (also known as DNOOOB). There are many other bands out in the world that are in need of your support. This might include going to their concerts or something simple like adding them on Myspace. Every band needs fans to survive and be successful – spread your love and joy… and joyness.