support system

shelby - lagrange, Illinois

Having something or someone to go to no matter where you are or what you are doing to express feelings that may be bothering you is a huge comfort. Having a journal that keeps my thoughts safe and being able to keep them unrevealed is what makes me happy. Writing my secret life is exhilarating. It gives me the sense that no one can touch what I want to say about anything or anyone.

Different days, different feelings. Looking back at what I was feeling some days is delightful. This helps so I don’t have to repeat certain negative things again, while keeping the good things close to me. They are my secrets for no one to know. My life the way I see it.

Being alone is not a good feeling when you want someone to talk to. Having to go through seclusion, separation, and depression. Being able to be in my room with pen in hand and write is freeing. One on one with my outlooks and the paper, writing the true feelings I could never express without concerned reactions. It understands me in every single way possible. No feedback, no dirty comments, and no insults. My secrets stay with my journal and me.

Although, not all things that go in there are bad. Experiences that are uplifting, dreams I had through the night, and fantasies I want to pursue. When writing those a smile comes across my face. Happy as a clam with hope for the near future. Trying to hold these secrets even closer to me because I know what I want may come true and until they do, they are just dreams waiting to happen.

I believe in having something or someone to go to in times of need. Whatever helps you the most in expressing what you want to express. Secrets maybe no one knows about. And if you want to share some from time to time, they are yours to share. All I know is that no matter what kind of event is going on in my life, my journal can always keep my troubles safe from others.