I believe in Change

Kayla - Dalton, Georgia
Themes: change

I believe in change.

People are who they want to be. No one changes by default, but by choice. No one acts on choices by force, but by will. People usually find the need to change by stepping back and realizing the way they treat friends and family, God, and even strangers.

Some of the most important relationships are those that we share with our friends and family. The ones we love most are the ones we treat the worst. Is it because we know they will forgive us the next day? Or is it because they are used to our horrible attitudes? I believe we can change these attitudes and direct the energy in a more positive manner so that we do not run off those we love.

Sometimes we find ourselves living a lie. We have become this creature that we are not quite used to. We have drifted from God, and we begin to do things he would never approve of. By the time we catch ourselves we seem to have a new addiction. It’s never too late. God is always willing to extend his hand and save us. The more society pushes, the harder it becomes to change back into the Christian person you once were. However, it can be done.

Let’s be honest. The majority of the American people would not stop to help a homeless person on the side of the interstate nor would they let another out of the parking lot in front of them. People are so rushed that they seldom stop and think of others. If we just took a few seconds out of everyday to step back and see how others live, we would feel in a much better world. I believe it’s possible.

I believe in change.

Change is something that people do in order to better themselves. People realize that they need to change when they see how their relationships with their family and friends, God and even strangers appear to the outside world. Change is a powerful thing that needs to take place more often all around the world. I believe it can happen.