Ideals

Charlie - Cincinnati, Ohio

IDEALS

As Forest Gump put it “You have to do your best with what God gave you.” Many people in this world are not fortunate enough to be able to walk, or maybe see, some people will never be able to talk again. These people are my heroes because they teach me a very important lesson on life. I look at these kids in wheelchairs or kids in the hospital and they cannot help but smile because they already know what their ideals are. They make me not take anything for granted in my life. “You only have two really valuable assets; the time you were given and use wisely, and the ideals you create and strive to uphold.”- Unknown. Ideals are things in life that are important to you and help to form who you are. Certain characteristics can be: values, morals, goals, or desires that motivate you to be the best person you can be. It allows you to focus your time, energy, and efforts towards being the ideal you. Ideals are centered in the heart and allow you to define who you are and what is important to you; it also gives direction to your life and guides you to be your absolute best. We are always creating and changing our different ideals for ourselves. People need to recognize that if they do not respect themselves and their own ideals, their friends and the other people around them would not respect them much either. Knowing and living out ones ideals can make you much more self-aware and focused on being your best possible self. Ideals motivate people to work hard and have a balance in life. Live your life for the people who you love, it must take patience but it will all work out in the end. Like Tom Hanks said “preserve….preserve and everything will work itself out in the end.” I challenge you to look at your ideals, and to live them out. Push yourself, and maybe go out of your comfort zone, and be who you are. Really look at the things that are important to you; establish what is important to you, and you will be a stronger person for it. Find something to stand up for. There is absolutely no time to waste where you can be who you really want to be. “Do not ever sell yourself short of all you can be because deep down in yourself there is a hope that is worth fighting for, that hope will eventually set yourself free.” – Chris Coleman. To wrap it all up people find out early in their lives who they really are and accept the fact they cannot be anything else. “We break and we burn and we turn it inside out to take it back to the start and through the rise and falling apart we discover who we really are.” – Lifehouse.