Music

Eric Dost - Lagrange, Illinois

Music

Music is very important in today’s world for a number of reasons. It can bring people together at concerts or simply because they enjoy the same type of music. It can influence people or send a message out to the world. Not only that, but it is also brings to joy to the world. Without music, the world would be a much darker place. I believe that music is extremely important and makes life much more enjoyable.

Music is a way to enjoy life. I have a lot of fun playing guitar in my free time. I love to learn new songs or simply just jam. If I was not able to play guitar my life would not be nearly as interesting as it is. Listening to music can be even better than playing. For example, going to a concert is great. I had one of the best times of my life when I went to the Umphrey’s Mcgee concert in December. The concert was about 4 hours long, but it was awesome the whole time. It was definitely the best concert I’ve ever gone to. Listening to music also makes homework not as boring. I almost always listen to music while I do homework and I don’t know if I would be able to do all my homework with out it.

Music also can make you feel better. I can think of countless times when I was having a bad day and I would come and listen to music and it would put me in a better mood. I could also play guitar and I would forget about everything that was bothering me.

When I found out my uncle had passed away I was devastated. I was miserable so to help me get through it I would play guitar and listen to music because it would take my mind off of his death. It did not make me feel completely better, but at least it numbed the pain a little bit.

Music is very important to my life because it makes my life a lot happier and helps me get through the tough times. I could not imagine life without music and I am sure that world would not be nearly the same without it.