I Believe in Humor

Jon - LaGrange, Illinois

I believe

I believe in humor and the effect it has on people,

Throughout my life people tell me I am a funny person, and I feel that is something about me that’s makes me who I am. Whenever someone is having a bad day humor can bring laughter which usually cheers people up. People always say “laughter is the best medicine” and I get so a lot enjoyment out of putting smiles on friends and family’s faces. A few years ago my grandma got knee surgery. In the Hospital going through therapy she was having a tough time. So our family went to try and cheer her up, we all talked and I made her laugh a bit. I really think it helped her get through it. Humor is a big part of who I am and I cannot imagine not being funny.

Comedy is a great form of entertainment since many people have seen a humorous, gut retching movie with lots of other people. Seeing stand-up comedians on TV or in Comedy Clubs makes me laugh, making my day just a little bit better. Seeing someone on stage do something completely ridiculous or just embarrass themselves makes me laugh and have a good time.

I like comedy and humor because it varies greatly. One example is dry, subtle humor where a person does not have to tell a joke to get a laugh, just make a statement. Different situations are funny to different people so when I make a joke I never know if people will think I’m funny or just stupid, but the reaction is usually good. Some people might laugh at things that are bizarre or out of the ordinary. Others might find sounds or objects funny, but in the end it doesn’t matter what’s humorous or funny as long as it makes them happy.

Since humor can bring on smiles, laughter, or tears it makes it worthwhile to tell or act out a joke now and then to make people happy. I think comedy can turn anything around for the better and that is why I believe in humor. I believe in humor and believe it can prolong your life because you view everything in a much more positive way