My Dreaming World

Mariah - Countryside, Illinois

I believe in sleeping. I do not believe in sleep only because I am a lazy teenager that enjoys to sleep any chance I get. I also feel that sleep helps us to recover from things that have tried to bring us down or that went wrong. Furthermore, I feel that sleep is an amazing way to drift off into a world of never-ending possibilities.

I think that sleep does a wonderful job in helping our bodies recover from the harsh obstacles that may attempt to get in the way, whether they be physical bumps and bruises, to emotional and physiological bruises. Our bodies need sleep just as much as they need water to help us survive.

I also feel that sleep lets off into a world that we could never possibly enter awake, no matter how much you may daydream. Because you are in control when you dream, not your parents, not your teachers, but you.

I have had many dreams in which I met famous celebrities that I know it would be almost impossible to meet in real life. I have had dreams where I was an amazing daredevil and I got run over by a train and driven off of a cliff, and felt nothing but the wonderful satisfaction that I had been the coolest daredevil to ever live.

I know that almost all of us have that one person that has passed away and we know that in reality we will never get to see them again. But in our dreams that we have that opportunity to revisit them and tell them everything that we ever wanted. I like to go and “visit” my neighbors from when I was younger and my dad and fill them in on everything going on in my life.

Whenever I have had a bad day or things just are not going my way, I love to go to my world, if only for a few minutes, just to escape. I go to a place that is always there when I need it, a place where I have always had a good day. When I go to my world things go the way they should and most importantly I’m in a place where I am the center of attention and get what I want.

Some say that they can analyze dreams, well I do not think you can analyze the wonderful feelings I have when I sleep. They are better than anything this world has to offer. Sometimes I wish I could just stay lost in my dreams for a while longer, just to fulfill my biggest desires.