I believe that practice makes perfect

Olivia - Western Springs, Illinois

I believe that practice makes perfect. You can’t start something and be the best, it takes time and dedication. I know that I must practice as much as I can so I can try to be as great as I can. Practice makes all the difference and allows people to do what they love. I love soccer and without practice I would not be as successful as I am with it.

I have learned this system of believing through experience. I have been playing soccer for as long as I can remember, that also means that I have been practicing all this time, too. I know I am not at that perfect level nor intend to be, but I love just becoming one step closer to a better soccer player. Practicing gives me a sense of accomplishment and reason to practice more.

This belief has helped me in other ways not pertaining to soccer. I love to do other things that compel me into practicing. I love to draw and paint. Now this was not the easiest thing to start and be good at. I definitely have had some bad artwork that I don’t like to resurface and I still make those not-so-gratifying pieces that make me doubt my abilities. But then I try again and I make something that drives me to do more and more. For this reason, I try to practice as often as possible.

Practice always brings out the best and worst in people. That is why I love it. It draws out the absolute finest a person can be at what they do and it also shows the person at their worst because practice isn’t always an ascending path. I like this component because it shows people that not everyone is perfect and that even if you perceive someone as great, they also have their off-days. Perfect is not defined as being the best or number one in the world, it is simply the best you can do for yourself, not everyone else.

Practicing makes all the difference and without it you would be stuck at the beginning with nothing.