This i believe in singing in the shower

TIffany - WIllow Springs, Illinois

Tiffany V

IPC Accel

Gillespie

19 February 2008

“THIS I BELIEVE”

In my house I have my own personal recording studio, which some would like to call a shower. Ok, so I may not be a Mariah Carrie, Whitney Houston, or Madana but when singing in the shower I am able to release my inhabitations in a very safe way, and feel like a super star. I am never nervous or scared that someone is judging my voice. Singing without expectations or worries is very freeing, and for me a sort of stress reliever at the end of the day. I believe in singing in the shower, because we all need to let loose sometimes.

One time I was surprised to find out that my parents were listening to my “amazing” version of silent night. When I got out they applauded, and made some innocent jokes about my not so hot singing skills. My belief of singing in the shower was put to the test in this instance. I could either be embarrassed that everyday apparently I make a fool out of my self or take the joke and run with it. I decided to take the second option. I took this option, because I try to live by the philosophy of not paying attention to what other people say about me. If I would have silenced myself I would have undermined that philosophy all together.

After this event happened my belief of singing in the shower became even stronger. For some reason their harmless jokes made me sing louder, which I think my parents really appreciated. I decided to tune out the outside world, even if I am making a fool of myself, and just let go for a little. When I made this conscious decision an outer shell that I carried around making me act shy and conservative at times, was broken. Now being embarrassed or laughed at when I leave my house seems harmless, and I am thankful to say I hold my head up high no matter what is thrown at me.