Hangin’ Loose, Bra

Andrew - LaGrange, Illinois

The year was 1991. The date was August 20th. The time was 1:33 PM. I, Andrew Christopher Paulison, came pushing out into this new, bright world. Looking around at everyone who was staring at me, I saw my mom, Christeen Denise Paulison, my dad, Christopher James Paulison, both of my grandmas, both of my grandpas, my godparents, and a few doctors. Everyone looked so happy to see me and they were all so fun and loving. I was eager to see what all the fuss was about, so I looked at my hands, my arms, my stomach, my man parts, my legs, and my feet. After that I noticed everyone else was wearing clothes.

I believe public nudity should not be illegal. I, like many, and probably most, of us was born into a public place wearing absolutely nothing but my birthday suit. When I was born and completely naked, people were excited and loving. They even had arguments about whose turn it was to hold me. Now, if I were to show up somewhere completely naked, no one would be excited or loving. Any arguments about holding me would be between policemen deciding which one gets the burden of tackling and arresting me.

This makes me wonder. If most people are born into the public naked, how can and why should being nude in the public be illegal? If clothesless is the way we were put on this earth, why can’t we remain clothesless? I believe if people want to be nude in the public, they should not be arrested for their choice of clothing. Or lack of therefore. Clothing should be an option, not an obligation. No one should be looked at differently because they choose not to wear anything. If you trace back far enough, our ancestors did not wear any clothing. What gives some one the right to tell people they need to wear clothes all of a sudden? People should be able to choose whether or not they want to get dressed for the day. This choice being taking from everyone is only limiting to individuality. LET US BE FREE!