this i belive

Raymond - USA
Themes: change

Bob Hayes

Mrs. Gillespie

IPC ACCEL 4/6

17 February 2008

I believe that along with time, people change as well, as much as some people believe that merely times change, and people don’t.

In 2nd grade, I remember having a large dislike of one of my fellow classmates. We competed a lot against each other, and we both didn’t like each other at all. In one instance, he and I got into a fight on the playground during school over a game on kickball. I was safe, while he claimed I was out. The miniscule incident quickly began to escalate as our tempers flared. We started to shove each other and soon enough we began going after each other. We were broken up by the teachers and ended up with detentions and a couple of bruises.

The incident itself quickly blew over, but our dislike for one another lasted for another year. In the summer of going into 4th grade, a mutual friend between the two of us had a birthday party and we were both invited. We ended up being seated next to each other at the end of the table when it was time to eat, and we started to talk. We got along well, which surprised both of us. When the beginning of the school year rolled around, we found ourselves in the same class, again. Online this time we got along really well and became good friends.

I believe that people change. Our year of such strong dislike for one another ended up turning itself around as we began to get along really well with one another the fowling year as we realized our dislike for one another was so stupid to have, we were only kids.

Since then, he is one of my best friends. We still joke about the times we had in 2nd grade and the fight we got into, jokingly arguing over who won and what it would be like if it happened again today. The incident itself represents how people can go from hating one another to being best friends with the other. looking back on this situtation, I believe people change.