Lindsey - USA

When I was weeks old my family took me out for my first trip to Dumont Dunes. This place has been and will always be a place that our family loves to go to. We go there to ride and to spend time together. It is a place where we can all relax and get along, which is a very rare occurrence in my family.

Even as a baby my parents would take me for rides in the sand rail. They would put me in my car seat in my mom’s sand rail and we would all go for a ride. My family still does this every time we go out to Dumont Dunes, but now without the car seat of course. This made my family closer causing me to believe in family.

When we would go to Dumont Dunes as I was growing up my parents taught me how to ride quads and drive the sand rails. My mom would ride her Banshee, I would ride my Honda 70, and my dad would follow in the sand rail. The three of us would just go cruise around together as a family.

On occasion, my mom would take me in her sand rail and teach me how to drive safely. My dad, on the other hand, would take me in his sand rail and teach me how to drive fast, which was much more fun. Whichever parent I went with did not matter, safely or fast, it was a bonding experience between my parent and I.

My parents and I would also sit by the camp fire every night to roast marshmallows and just enjoy each others company. This was special to me because I can still recall specific conversations that we had together. I also feel that it brought us closer together as a family.

Throughout my life, my parents and I have had our fights, but whenever we would go to Dumont Dunes it seemed to bring us back together. I think that going there as a family has helped my family and I grow to be closer together. These experiences have led me to strongly believe in family.