Money Cannot Buy Happiness

Macie - Bartlesville, Oklahoma

I believe money cannot buy happiness. I believe happiness comes from the love and joy of others. Let me tell you a story about a millionaire who ruined his happiness, his wife’s happiness, and his sons’ happiness. This man lived in an extravagant, million dollar home that was as beautiful as the sunset on a warm, summer evening. As happy as this man sounds he is; his life slowly fell to pieces just a short time ago. His wife had an affair with him and lived in a separated part of the house where she never had to see her husband or sons. His oldest son was accused a month later of selling drugs. Shortly after, his youngest son was accused of rape. Now although this man is worth twenty-six million dollars, he is not living a happy life. Let this be an example to you and they way you live your life. I believe money cannot buy happiness.

I believe happiness comes from the love of others. To feel the warmth, comfort, and peace of others should make people happy. You are around people everyday-some loving, some hateful. If you let the loving ones affect your life, it will bring you happiness. People have so much love to offer if they could break past the walls of hate and anger. You can also be a light of hope and influence to others if you let your loving side shine.

I believe happiness comes from the joy and influences of others. Have you ever been in a not-so-good mood and then all of the sudden you are laughing and smiling because you see a little girl dancing and singing like no one is watching? The joy of the little girl has affected you. Can you imagine how much joy a full-grown human can bring to someone else if such a small creating can make your smile shine just by dancing and singing? I believe money cannot buy happiness.

I believe happiness cannot come from money because I have been in this situation. I will admit I am a spoiled, daddy’s little girl, and even though gifts and presents are nice sometimes, that is not what makes me happy. What brings me happiness is seeing my dad’s smile light up when I tell him I just aced my algebra two test, or seeing my mom’s beautiful, crystal eyes shine when I give her a compliment. What brings me happiness is knowing my parents are proud of me or happy with my choice of actions or decisions. I wish this was this was the case for all people. Instead of money and riches being the focus of a person’s life, they should focus on finding the happiness and joy of others and using that to find their own inner happiness. I believe money cannot buy happiness.

I believe money cannot buy happiness. I wish all people would find what really makes them happy and spread that characteristic around to others. Because in the end, when you are lying on your death bed, you are going to be thinking one of two things. You will think about how you spent your life being happy and joyful, or how you wasted a majority of your time making decisions like blue Rolex or red Rolex. I choose thinking about how much happiness my life brought me. I hope you choose to make the same decision. I believe money cannot buy happiness. This I believe.