The Colors Of Life

Vanessa - Aurora, Colorado

I believe in the effectiveness and use of color in our lives. Often, I am astonished, mesmerized and awed by the beauty of color. Everyday we see things that come in the colors of orange, red, black and grey. There are brilliant flowers that come in rainbow colors of purple, pink, turquoise and blue. They remind me of a trip that I took to the Bahamas when I escorted my son for his twenty-third birthday. The ocean was the color of paradise and the island was so full of luscious colors that I thought I would explode.

I enjoy fruit, winter and summer fruit alike. My favorite are grapes. They come in many different hues of colors; green, raspberry and crystal whites. Have you ever considered, why do we have such a variety of colors in grapes? Why aren’t they all burgundy? Or just green?

I believe that color has been brought into our lives for a reason. If nothing else, to enhance happiness and joy where there might be none.

Have you ever tried to imagine a world void of color? Or a world filled with only the colors of white, black and brown. Try a world continually adorned with mint greens, vibrant yellows or shade after shade of reds.

Many people in this world are born or later diagnosed without sight, limited sight or colorblindness. They may not be blessed perhaps with the color of life; however for many they receive their award in many other areas in life. This is why I believe that we are loved as a human race. Whether you believe in God, Jesus, The Universe or another creator of this earth; surely we all agree that someone loved us enough to give us such an incredible gift, as The Gift Of Color.

I remember when my sons were young. We would be driving from destination to another and the sun would be setting in the sky. I would say to them, “Look, God has painted the sky.” Their innocent little faces would instantly lite up as we all stopped and admired the beauty of it all. The sky would be painted with pinks, purple and powder blues. My kids are much older now, Kenon, in college now and twins Julian and Jared are now teenagers. However, occasionally as we are heading home from a stress filled day and my spirit is worn down by life’s demands, my boys will chime in and say to me, “Look Mom, God has painted the sky.” Times like these, I instantly smile, forget the troubles of the moment and understand that love still dominates our lives each and every day with little wondrous things. It may be as simple as a rainstorm in colors of black and grey or the sun rising with it’s brilliance of reds and orange.

Whatever we all come to believe, I believe colors are one of God’s gifts to us and bring with them incredible joy and happiness. So as we go about our lives and busy ourselves with life’s problems; take time out with someone you love and be thankful for the blessings that we are all able to enjoy each day. Color your life beautiful and best of all; we get it for free!