Helping The Less Fortunate

Tiffany - Neenah, Wisconsin

To see someone less fortunate than I smile, is the most rewarding experience I can have. I feel very fortunate to be in good health and live the lifestyle I have. There are many less fortunate people than I who live an indigence life, and by no choice of their own. Helping these people has […]

Themes: love

To see someone less fortunate than I smile, is the most rewarding experience I can have. I feel very fortunate to be in good health and live the lifestyle I have. There are many less fortunate people than I who live an indigence life, and by no choice of their own. Helping these people has become a mission of mine. Many people don’t realize how many ways there are to make someone else’s life enjoyable. Many of these ways are very simple and can take very little time and effort. The only thing a person needs is to be a caring individual of not only yourself, but others.

“The love we give is the only love we keep.” I feel this quote by Elbert Hubbard really explains what I do. Giving love to someone is what makes me feel good inside. I can keep this feeling in my heart and I know they feel it in theirs. An example of this is World Vision. I have “adopted” a little girl through World Vision. This girl is someone that I will never meet, but through my giving I feel love and so does she. This little girl lives in destitute. By sending her money, I can hopefully give her some of the necessities in life that she is lacking. Every day that I have food, shelter and water I think of her. I hope by me sending her a little something every month; she can also experience comfort each day.

Habitat for Humanity is another organization that I enjoying helping with. In this organization I can actually work on a project and see the people’s reaction when it is all finished. The quote, “I’ve learned that every day you should reach out and touch

someone. People love that human touch—holding hands, a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back,” (unknown, age 85.) This quote is how I feel when I am helping out with Habitat for Humanity. I may not have the best building skills, but by just being there lending a hand, handing tools, or just reassuring everyone what a good job they are doing is showing my love. It doesn’t have to cost a person a lot of money; it is the jester that counts. If everyone just chips in a little bit, the world would be a better place for those who are less fortunate.

When a person gives love to someone less fortunate than themselves it is a wonderful feeling. People really don’t realize how fortunate they are until they look at the less fortunate in world. They are everywhere. It doesn’t only happen in another country. It can happen in your own city. I will always continue to be a giver. Whether it is by a monetary donation, lending a helping hand, a hug, or a just pat on the back, I enjoy the love I feel from doing this. The smile I see or love I feel in my heart is the most rewarding experience I can ever have.