Let’s Conversate

Gabriel - SPRING VALLEY, California

I believe in communication. More than half the problems in this world would not exist if only people communicated; If people just spoke up and talked it out; Marriages broken, families undone, wars inclusively. I believe in language. I believe in deep, meaningful conversation. I believe in listening, and basing relationships on these few communication skills.

“Hey, how are you?”

“Okay, yeah… me too… see you later…”

Without really caring, on a day to day basis a lot of people ask the same question: “how are you?” They don’t even listen to the answer, it has become more of a greeting than a way to relate and understand others. People cannot speak anything outside the realm of “myself,” what I am going to do this weekend what I like, the things I do. It’s nothing less than selfish; Everyone has their own problems and concerns they would like to talk about and actually be heard. Why not, simply listen for a change?

The best of conversations are induced oddly, on the most meaningless topics. A simple tick someone might have, a simple like or dislike will spark opinion and controversy- no longer typical conversation. And why not build on it? Let it grow into deep rooted conversation that can turn life stories into moral lessons. It’s not just talking or straight out listening it’s involved. Good conversation is being intrigued by what the other person has to say, complementing it with own views, asking, answering, explaining.

A lot of people do not have the will, power, or ability to hold a long meaningful conversation with others- to discover what they are really all about. Expressing views on life, sharing beliefs and experiences is what brings two people closer than ever and makes them the best of friends. When a person knows where the other comes from, when they deduce from what they have been told the reasons behind the way they act, their motive to live and strive for another day. It is simply a beautiful beginning. When they relate and agree on opinions it is optimal. Two or more can escalate a conversation to a point where there is apparently nothing left to talk about. But there is because they have crossed the line where no subject is taboo. The reality is they have much more to say, so they keep talking and talking into late hours of the night when everything is quiet. The bond these two people share becomes unbreakable, because they understand each other. When they disagree it does not matter because they respect each other, they listen, comment, and leave it at that.

For all this to hold true another thing must be present: truth. Down right honesty and nothing more when asked and telling. No gimmicks no fiction is what good conversation needs to discover the depth of those among you. I believe in communication.