Protect the innocent

Dan - ballwin/MO/63021, Missouri

Protect the Innocent

If you really want to hear about it I’ll just tell you about this madman stuff that happened to me around last Christmas. A lot of different things piled up on me and flipped my life upside down. To get one thing straight I love kids, I don’t mean I actually love them, I just like the fact that there innocent as h***. They really are. I mean there sort of new to this world so they don’t know about a lot of bad things that goes on in an adult’s life. And they don’t need to.

Take my sister Phoebe for a shot. Old Phoebe is almost smarter than me. She doesn’t need to know about grown men dressed like women and what goes on in all those phony night clubs. That would ruin her innocents. Children should purely be naive about such topics, it’s offensive to them. Kids should never have to grow up too fast. They should slowly develop over time so there brain isn’t filled with the tainted images of an adult’s life. I once saw in big capital letters the words F*** YOU on the wall outside the museum I tried to wipe it made me sort of bitter because I wonder how many kids have probably read that. Then it was, I think, a day later I went to my sister’s school and saw the same thing in crayon .I guess it was written by some corrupted elementary kid. Who else writes with a crayon?

I want to be the person with a big net standing at the edge of the rye fields catching the youthful ones who run off. I’m trying to preserve my sister’s innocents, so she will have a much better life than I’m headed for. She even looks alright when she sleeps. It’s funny. You take adults, they look lousy when their asleep and they have their mouths way open, but kids don’t. Kids look alright. It would be grand if we could all grow up with a seamless childhood, because you’re personality as an adolescent reflects on you’re personality and actions as an adult. We need to protect the innocent for future sake. This I believe.