Life’s Inevitable Truth

Alfredo - Chicago, Illinois
Themes: afterlife, death

I believe that the life on this world can bring me happiness and that I should not waste time on things such as vanity when I could be exploring the natural parts of the world and help others less fortunate than me. I want to die with no regrets on how I treated others, how I spend my time and how much I contributed to the community. I don’t want to go into the afterlife hating some people or even being hated by other people that I might have caused harm to. I don’t want to be remembered as a jerk but instead someone that liked to help others without getting credit for it.

I believe that this life should not be taken for granted because it was a gift that I will always treasure even if I do not know the reason it was given to me. So I strongly dislike it when people play God with lives and deprive theirs and/or others lives. I also believe that I should not worry as much about the afterlife because I will find out eventually, whether there is an eternity of either pain or happiness or just nothing. This brings me to believe how religion came to exist and how I would be very mad to find out that afterlife was created in our minds by generations before us to keep us in line. Although I would be extremely infuriated that there was nothing after death even though I would not be able to express my rage since I would be dead. I chose to believe in there being something way better after this life because I want to be able to see the loved ones that will eventually pass away or the ones that have already passed away like my brother, who I do expect to see in heaven.

Death, of course, is an inevitable part of life. I believe that death is an end to pain, suffering and unfairness that the world gives me and the beginning of true pleasure and pure bliss. Although this world does bring happiness in addition to pain, I believe that the afterlife consists of pure ecstasy unless I was to go to Hell. If I am a good person before and while my time comes and I do go into Heaven then I imagine it to be something like paradise, where I’m on this warm beach holding my Yesi, my love, in my arms with the sun setting.