A Passionate child

Brittany - Corona, California
Themes: children

My name is Brittany N–; I am an eighteen year old college student attending B.Y.U. working towards an elementary education teaching profession. I love children and always will they have been a part of my life forever. I currently am teaching at a gym where I teach children’s gymnastics classes and I love it. I believe that children need to find their passion and their parents should push them with stick to it.

I have come to this conclusion through my own experiences. I was a competive gymnast at the age of eleven and gymnastics is my passion. I believe it is so important for children to have passions because when a child has a passion they believe they can do anything. I felt that exact sensation at the age of eleven, I felt I could control my world and I did. As I went on to middle school and high school I had a schedule of school and then one hour of driving to and from gymnastics then a total of four hours each day, the grand total of six days a week and twenty-four hours a week without driving time. It was a pretty hectic schedule but I maintained a 3.7 G.P.A and a lot a friends. I did this through a desire and drive for the passion I had of gymnastics

When a child has a passion he or she can go after their dreams and do anything they choose, but they usually give up or loose hope when they fail or a friend leaves. This has happened countless times and many important people and events would not come to place if their parents didn’t push them. Just think of the famous painter and sculptor Pablo Picasso, his parents were so blessed and saw their young son’s talent and pushed him towards his passion. Just think if your sons and daughters are young Pablo Picasso’s in art or sports, music or anything else and they quit because of their friend quits or they mess up. It would be a great shame if a child didn’t explore their passion due to these reasons. I think parents should always push their children and this could make our world a better place with a more passionate people.