Creative Flame

Andrea - Walnut Creek, California

“Creative Flame”

Monotonous days are simply unavoidable. They are somewhat of a pest that always manages to surface time and time again. What is there to do? Stare blankly at the television set, pop in an old movie, surf the interned, munch on some grub. Undoubtedly, my routine on a free day would comprise simply of these dull activities if it were not for my little siblings and a wide array of ideas to keep the lot of us entertained.

I believe everyone can make with a powerful imagination. One that is creative, fun, and accessible. It is present at all times and if used, will never be lost.

Fantasizing always comes easier at a younger age. Because I have younger sisters, my mind is kept nourished and full to the brim with possibilities. In turn, my sisters are exposed to total innocent fun and are aware that material objects aren’t the only way one can ease boredom.

We can go nonstop with our heads swelling with new games of every sort. Exciting adventures can be found effortlessly by those who believe they can be found. In the company of my sisters anything is possible.

We frolic throughout the yard running and jumping yelling whatever might find its way into our minds. For example, someone would holler, “Ninjas are going to chop our heads off… RUN!” or maybe, “Don’t fall into the pit of doom, you’ll end up in Narnia!” Like I said, anything is possible.. Dragons, cliffs, roaring waves packed with sea monsters, quicksand, magic spells, and evil witches conjured from our imaginations are just the beginning. Nothing could extinguish the “creative flame” present within us.

I constantly partook in such games not too long ago, but “play time” for me has sadly lessened because of demanding schedules and little extra time. Still, I am overall pleased I was able to experience all that I could of mere childish fun. Nonetheless, this type of “fun” will forever remain amusing to me.

Do these experiences with my family have an effect on who I am and how I act now? I must say yes, it definitely has. Everything effects who you become, and this creative side of mine surfaced long ago and will always linger. Perhaps my creative imagination will not continue in the fantasy form of witches and dragons but more so in projects and story writing.

Imagination brings about things reality has no room for. In it one finds happiness, endless opportunities, dreams, and ideas. There are no limitations to what one imagines. Henry David Thoreau wisely stated, “The world is but a canvas to our imaginations.” I find this magnificently true with the thought, it only starts here.