I Believe…

Daniel - Walnut Creek, California

When was the last time that you made a huge mistake and you didn’t learn from it? Has your mom ever told you not to touch the stove when it’s on? Did you touch the stove anyway and feel your skin burn? There are many ways for people to learn but, I believe the best way to learn is to find out from your mistakes.

Forgetting my homework and being disorganized have never been a difficulty for me. One week of school I had a problem with it. I decided that I was going to take a nice week off from being organized and just shove everything into my backpack instead of my binder. On Wednesday, because of my being disorganized, when I went to turn in my homework I couldn’t find it. I had done all my homework, but couldn’t find it in my jumbled backpack. All of my grades dropped.

That mistake wasn’t so bad for a lot of reasons. Because of my sloppiness, I learned that I had to be organized and, I couldn’t work when I was unorganized. Also, I realized that I had to check to see if I had filed my homework more often then before.

Some people think that mistakes are always bad. Those people believe mistakes are much worse then they are, so they try very hard not to not make mistakes. Unfortunately, some people end up making a huge mistake and never learn from it. I believe that because you learn from your mistakes, what you acquire will help you do something good.

In the long run forgetting all my homework wasn’t bad at all because of the valuable lesson I learned from it. I learned that being organized is necessary for me to be successful. Also I learned that mistakes are never as bad as you think because of what you learn from them. Last the lesson that you learned from a mistake will help you do something great.