kate - englewood, New Jersey
Age Group: 65+

15 September 2006

Dear Jim/Jamie,

It is our 27th anniversary. We have spent nearly three years separated. Before long we will be divorced.

I want to reflect positively on what has transpired during our time together and hope we will remain friends.

Our relationship began in the grandeur of New Zealand with notes from Milford sandflies. We skied Aspen, stayed at the Brown Palace and decided after phone calls, letters and flights that we had lots in common, dreams to share, and we wanted a family and children. We married on a sunny day among family and friends at Rainy Meadow Farm–my family home filled with memories. An auspicious start.

You are a devoted physician. We birthed and raised two wonderful children, Daniel and Anne, who have fine educations, a wide world view and are now on their own. We had the company of a variety of pets– the exceptional Duds, sweet Hugh, quirky Peachie, plus frogs and gerbils. We are good parents. We have lived a comfortable life with exotic vacations. We gave back to the communities in which we lived. We both worked hard, shared a life together, had a home and family. I am proud and grateful for all we accomplished.

True, looking back there are probably other things we could have done more of– play, couch time and communication with less hard work and more forgiveness– but that’s 20/20 hindsight.

I appreciate the time we had together in those 24 years. We have grown in the last three years and now embark on new paths and new opportunities. I wish you the best of everything.

In love,