Living up to your full potential

Erika - 60558, Illinois
Themes: carpe diem

I believe in living up to your full potential in everything that you do. I think that the key to happiness is performing to the best of your ability. Whether it’s working your very hardest in the sports that you do, doing your best in school, or being the best person you can be by volunteering or giving charity. My mom put me in gymnastics when I was four years old, after watching me try to do flips off of my couch. I loved the sport from day one. Even now, gymnastics is the one thing that I will always be the most dedicated to. This season for LT gymnastics was especially a tough one. Near winter break, we were ranked 4th in the state, until we got three injuries all at once. One girl tore her ACL, another girl had a slipped disk, and I broke my foot. We had to change our entire line-up around, and work with what we had until the injuries got better. Although the girl who tore her ACL was out for the season, the other girl and I did all that we could: conditioning, going to therapy, and supporting our other teammates until we got better. By getting our injured bodies stronger again, by the time the state meet rolled around, we were both able to compete for our team at state, coming home with a 4th place title. We worked up to our potential, fighting to be able to compete at the last meet of the year. The feeling of success and accomplishment is one of the best feelings one could ever get. Doing something great in your sport could be a great way to live up to your full potential. It is not like you have to do something life altering to be a great person, but doing the nice little things really will make a difference on someone’s life. Every day of hard work, or every little charity that you do, you are getting closer to being the best person you can be. Not only will you be making the most out of your life, you might be helping other people make the most out of theirs on the way. Live your life to its full potential.