Jake - Loomis, California

The Art of Friendship

I believe in friendship, because without friends I have absolutely nothing, except for myself, and if the only person I have to lean on is my self then I am going to have a lonely life.

I believe that friendship can come in many different forms, but all are very important. For instance; there is my casual acquaintance that I greet every time I see them, I have my friends that I hang out with occasionally, then I have my best friends that are there for me no matter what, and then lastly my girlfriend. These types are very important to every human being because it always feels good to walk through school knowing that I know some one whether it be an acquaintance, or a best friend. Friendship is important no matter how I make of it; I just know that if my friends are always going to be there for me then I am always going to be there for them.

In these last couple years my friendships have changed a plethora of times between sports, hobbies, and my girlfriend. A lot of my friends used to be basketball friends that I always hung out with and I could count on them no matter what; however, when I was done with basketball the majority of my friends became football players because I was around them the most. Its funny how things change over time and how my friends change just from going from sport to sport. The biggest friendship change that I have encountered in the last year of my life is having a girlfriend. Now I would probably consider her my best friend because in this past year I have become really close to her, and I know that she will always be there for me whether were together or not. The reason I say it was my biggest friendship change is because once I started to hang out with her all the time, and became closer to her, I became less close with my friends. Now I still have my friends and they will always be there, but as of right now my time is dedicated to her. This decision was not because I want to grow up fast, but the fact that she is a really good friend and I have so much fun with her, and to be honest that kind of friendship is hard to find.

Friendships are important to me because with them I will have a more happy and enjoyable life. With good friendships come good memories and over the years I have racked up a lot of memories with a bunch of different people. I know that those memories would not have been encountered by myself and there would be no one to reflect on good times with. I believe in friendship and how significant it is to have.