Sara - newcastle1, California

I believe in friendship.

I believe in having people you can depend upon, people who understand you even when you don’t make sense, people whom you can trust with your deepest thoughts and concerns.

When I left my dad’s house was when I truly began to see the value of good friends. The many late nights they spent on the phone with me. The worried messages they would leave if they couldn’t get a hold of me. The last minute sleepovers they would pull together when I had had an especially tough day. All the things that they did that gave me hope that everything would get better.

Friends are a very important piece in my life. People can do or accomplish anything if they have people surrounding them who have faith in them and what they are doing. I know that has been true in my life. Whenever I have needed them, my friends were there to lend a hand to help, an ear to listen, or a shoulder to cry on. Together we have faced some rough times. Parents separating, the loss of family members, and even overcoming drug addictions, but we were able to make it through because we had each other.

As I get older these close relationships become even more important in my life. I end almost every day thinking of how lucky I am to have these people surrounding me, and asking myself where I would be if they weren’t in my life.

To have great friends is one of the most amazing gifts you could ever have. I have always said I don’t know what I want to do later in life, but I do know one thing… whatever I’m doing I want my friends right there with me.

“Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.” –unknown