Audrey - Loomis, California

Audrey C

Mrs. Duda

English 12 Blk. 2

15 February 2008

I believe that flipping is good for a person’s soul. Front flips, back flips, cartwheels, handstands. Just going upside down and turning around is what I mean. I know this may seem as a weird belief but it’s true. It’s good for the heart, its good for the brain; it’s just good for everything. For thirteen years I was dedicated to gymnastics. Flipping, twisting, the whole works. Everyday I would do something different or new that would bring a smile to my face. It seemed that whenever I would walk into the gym, all my cares and worries would disappear. Gymnastics was the only thing that mattered and truly made me happy.

I believe that flipping brings smiles to people’s faces. Whether it is watching another person do tricks, or someone learning a new trick for the first time, or even conquering a skill that they couldn’t do before. Whatever it is, accomplishing or watching flips and skills amazes people and brings smiles to their faces. It is no scientific study or a belief. But when you see a person’s face after watching someone or doing it themselves, you will believe it too. When I was a younger gymnast, I use to watch the older gymnast with admiration. I would dream that I could do all the amazing tricks that they were doing. Everyday I would tell myself,” I am going to be like them one day.” Getting to the level they were at and performing like them were my all time goals. I would smile every time I would watch them do there routines. They made it seem so easy but then when I would try, it was so hard.

I believe that flipping is good for you in every single way. It teaches you self awareness. It builds muscle in your body that helps you keep fit. When you learn new skills and prefect them, you build confidence in your abilities. Gymnastics taught me so many different things. It has always brought happiness to me and everyone that was watching. I believe that flipping is good for a person’s soul.