Eli - Loomis, California

I believe in Batman.

Batman has been my favorite hero ever since I can remember. The justice he brings with dedication and concern for all. I believe in the joy he brings to children who watch and learn from him. I believe in his duel lives as Bruce Wayne, billionaire playboy, by day and Batman, crime fighter, by night. He uses sheer intimidation and fear to overpower his villains. Batman uses his utility belt to get out of sticky situations. His intelligence enables him to overcome the odds. He has no superpowers, yet he is the best superhero there is.

I believe he’s everlasting.

Ever since I can remember I have had an infatuation with Batman. To me Batman is the ultimate being. Who doesn’t want to be Batman? When I was young I used to watch Batman: The Animated Series every Saturday morning. It was the best part of the whole week. I would watch the show with my eyes wide open and would not blink that way I wouldn’t miss a second of the action. When commercials came on I would yell at the television with anger because I wanted to see what Batman was going to do to catch the Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler, or whoever. When the show was over I would reenact the scenes with by batman figures from Kenner. I had everyone: to many different Batman’s, Robin, Batgirl, all the bad guys, the Batmobile, the Batplane, and even the Batcave. I wore Batman pajamas and had Batman bed sheets. I was obsessed with Batman and still am. Batman will never die for he is symbolic and is in the hearts of many.

I believe he is knowledge.

As I grew older I would watch the Batman movies in the movie theaters. The first one I saw in theaters was Batman Forever. After getting out of the theater, I thought to myself I can’t wait till the next one. I didn’t either the next day I went out and rented the two Michael Keaton movies and the Adam West one. Batman taught me how to be strong and how being smart in truth pays of if someone is stuck in a jam. I also learned being rich is nice too. He taught courage, bravery, and to stand up for the defenseless. Batman educated me how to become a better human being and for that I commend him.

I believe in the Dark Knight.