Nick - Granite Bay, California
Themes: sports

I believe one cannot be great at something unless there is a true passion in what they are doing. I believe this goes not only with sports, but with anything in life.

I believe in being active, having fun and doing what I love. Up until two years ago I was snowboarding, but not with a passion. Basically, I was just going through the motions; therefore, I was never really that good. Last year I went snowboarding many times and became increasingly better in a hurry. In turn, the better I became, the more fun I had. It became a true passion of mine. Snowboarding is a peaceful sport, which relies on no teammates, no coach, and no nothing except for me, a board, and the sweet powder I’m shredding. True peace for me is flying down the hill as fast as I can listening to my favorite music through two headphones that gives me the motivation to try something that I have never done before.

There is nothing I would rather be doing than clearing a 30 foot gap, flying through the air hoping that I don’t wreck the landing. I believe in passion, do what I love and settling for nothing less. I believe in pushing the physical and mental limits of my body, trying things I have not done before. I believe in being nervous and scared, because I need to be in order to make myself better.

I believe that good snowboarding doesn’t require good weather or great snow, just a good attitude and some good friends to shred with. I believe that there is no such thing as too much, or even bad snowboarding. There are no bad days when I am snowboarding, for the simple fact that I am snowboarding when I could be working or doing things much worse.

I believe in appreciating what one has, and not dwelling on something one doesn’t have. I believe that the happiest people in life don’t have the best of everything, but they make the best of everything, This is true with snowboarding and everything else in life.

I believe in snowboarding.