Big or Small

Sarah - Newcastle, California

As a child, I found joy and excitement in digging through the soil in my backyard, examining the small lives of the insects below the surface. They were all fascinating to me. The way they moved, the way they ate. I spent hours upon hours just watching the insects and everything around me.

When I was just a little girl my mom got me an ant farm of my very own. I spent hours just staring at the ants in it learning their way of life. To me, it was something fun and exhilarating to learn about. There were many different kinds of ants and each kind had their own way of life. Though they may be different to one another, they were created equally and thus weren’t that different after all. The one thing I enjoyed the most was finding out the ants way of life. The food they ate and the way they went about finding it.

I believe that everything (big or small) is equal. From ants and worms, to dragons and people, we are all the same and it is up to us to keep the balance. I believe that it does not matter what the color of your skin is or how big you are for we are all the same in God’s eyes.

I believe that people shouldn’t judge you for the way you look or the way you appear to them. Appearance is not always everything, for everyone is equivalent. It is up to the people around us to make sure that everyone is treated equally and that nobody is left out of anything because of their color or their inheritance.