Ryan - Bardstown, Kentucky

One thing in life I believe strongly about is the power of brotherhood. I have experienced brotherhood from two points of view. I have had a brother to look up to and a brother who looks up to me. Each brother has played an important role in my life. I have been lucky to have a role model like my older brother. He has offered me guidance, advice, friendship, and support through the good times and the bad times. In our younger years we would play with each other when there was nobody in our neighborhood to play with. I remember the endless times when we would play Tonka trucks in the dirt. These times made our bond greater than ever. We always had each other. One thing my brother and I have in common is our love for music. He and I both know how to play the guitar and we will occasionally play with each other. He influenced a lot of the music I listen to today.

One night when I was six, my parents told my brother and I some good news; they told us we were going to have a little brother. My little brother has also played an important role in my life. He has taught me how to be a better role model. He looks up to me, so I know that I need to set a good example for him. Being an older brother is a big responsibility. My little brother does everything like me, so I realize how important it is for me to display Christian values and live a good life. Since I have a love for music, my little brother does also. He wants to learn how to play the piano. I have influenced him so much.

Both of my brothers are loving and caring people. I don’t know what kind of a person I would be without them. They have shaped my life and I believe I have shaped theirs. This is why the power of brotherhood is important to me.