Tommy - Bardstown, Kentucky

Tommy M

I Believe

I believe in sleeping in school. There is nothing more refreshing than putting your head down and drifting off for a half an hour or so. While it is hard to learn while you are asleep I think it will make you able to learn better later that day. For this reason I try to take a least two naps everyday at school. It revitalizes the body as well as the mind.

It is obvious that today’s teenagers do not get the recommended amount of sleep every night. According to most studies teenagers need about nine hours of sleep a night. For me and many other teenagers this seams impossible to obtain. I usually sleep between seven and eight hours a night. This is one of the reasons I feel the need to take multiple naps during school. As a teenager my body needs all the sleep it can possibly get.

Another possible use of sleeping during school is learning. Some people believe that when a person hears information while they are asleep it is quite possible for their subconscious mind to learn the information. Although this concept is generally considered a myth, I still believe that this is possible.

Clearly, the benefits of sleeping school are endless. I see no reason why not to sleep which is why I believe everyone should sleep at least once a day at school. I attribute all of my success to sleeping, which is why I plan on continuing to sleep during school as much as possible.