Sean - Panama City Beach, Florida

I believe that life is a stage. Of course, I’m speaking metaphorically, and the performance is a symbol on how to live my life.

I get ready to perform by putting on my makeup and costume. The makeup artist and costume designer are my parents, and they give me the necessary tools to go out to live life on my own. All of this backstage stuff is my early childhood, before I know about God.

Then I hear the word of the gospel, and I learn to live my life for God. The performance starts when I hear about His name and His word. People have always told that I cannot achieve great things, but the only critic I need is God. He is the only one who can judge me.

My script is the Bible, and I’ll live my life the way God has written it to be. A good performer always follows the written script, but when I perform, I sometimes forget my lines. That’s when I have to make the best decision and improv my way until I can get back on track. I use my best judgement and sometimes I may go my pastor so I can resume living by the script.

The church is my workshop. That is where I improve my stage skills. I get the same rush at church that I get when I go to church.

So here it goes, opening night, my makeup is caked on like snow on a mountain top, my costume is so tight that I cannot breathe, and I know my lines. Then I go on and deliver my lines with compassion and heart. I gave my character everything I got. After the performance, life felt so empty. That feeling of nothing is horrible. Thus, I always perform for God. I’m always living my life for Him.

I love God like I love the theatre. There will always be criticism by people, but the only judge that you need to listen to is Him, and He’ll love you no matter what. That script God gives you will never let you down, and His performance is flawless.