John - Lebanon Junction, Kentucky

I believe in the power of the outdoors. People these days are way too stressed out, we all need to literally stop and smell the roses. When life is too stressful and you need to take a break, just go camping for the weekend or take a long hike. There is nothing more relaxing than listening to a babbling brook or the love song of a bird. Mother Nature has been around for a long time and she has taken care of the people who respect and listen to her.

The world today has become a “run-and-gun” type of place. We go about our busy lives never thinking of others and only of our own wants. Be it a hard job or driving the family here or there, life gets us caught up in the petty things and we fail to see the beauty all around us. Beauty truly is all around us! When we have some “down time” we don’t know how to express ourselves to others. We are losing ourselves in this material world and we are doing it to ourselves.

Although most people claim to spend enough time outside with others, most of the time the only outdoors people see is in between their car and wherever they are going. This is not good at all. Without the cool wind and soul warming sunshine, we cannot perform our daily tasks as we could and should. It has been proven that people who spend more time outdoors are healthier, happier, and better at anything thing they wish to do. This only reinforces the idea that nature plays a major role in all of our lives.

How can we regain our identity you ask? Simple! We take some time out of our hectic schedules and spend it with friends and loved ones. This time should be spent in the greatest place possible: nature. You may not believe that Mother Nature has any healing power, but it has the only thing needed: silence. If you still don’t believe me, come join me and listen to the world as God intended.