Mark - fanwood, New Jersey

A new, New Deal

First, about me. I am not a professional pundit, writer or even a politician. I have been blessed with the ability to see life in a very long term perspective. I am simply a visionary American, living in a new era, and I believe that our country is having a terrible crisis.

Our country has gone through many different political and social upheavals in the past fifty years. Politically, socially, economically and culturally, we are not the same country we were in the Nineteen Fifties. The enemies, economies, villains and even our national goals have changed.

Many of these changes have contributed to this crisis, and must be repaired before we can successfully continue our democracy. We must save our society, by addressing many of the problems we have given ourselves.

I believe very strongly that everything is inter-connected. Because fixing one problem will break another one, unless we do them ALL at ONCE, we will have a great deal of trouble getting them all fixed.

Because of this, I believe that our country again needs a visionary solution to many of these problems at once, in a way that was once successfully used by President Franklin D. Roosevelt. I am of course proposing a new, “NEW DEAL”.

This time our new deal will need to address some different and some similar problems to the time when FDR introduced his New deal. Then he had to deal with a terrible horrific lingering recession (later renamed a depression), banking, communications, and other general problems.

Now we need to fix issues like Poverty, Education, Health Care, Youth Training, Rebuilding our country’s infrastructure, and reforming our political system.

Hey. I said it would resolve the issues; I didn’t say it would be very easy.

We could start with the new concept of a “living wage”, which would allow a worker to actually make enough money to raise a family. We would continue, with day care and education, follow through with Nationalized Health insurance for all, and then solve problems that we have with our economy, our infrastructure, and the terrible under-employment rate in our country.

Since first having come up with this principle in the past year, I have watched our economic, infrastructure and employment problems increase from possible problems, to huge albatrosses around the neck of our country.

I believe that saving our society is desirable. That’s why we need to solve all of these problems at the same time. I hope you will agree, and join me in this effort to save our society and create a new deal.