Denis - freeport, Maine

Why I support Barack Obama

If Hillary is our Democratic candidate i will support her, But I am here to tell you why I think Barack Obama is our best choice.

Both candidates have similar policy platforms but Barack has the inspirational leadership to accomplish those goals. He has more experience as an elected official. At the time of the election this fall he will have 4 years in the us. Senate, and 8 years in the Illinois senate. In his first two years there he sponsored 780 bills, of which 280, were passed and became law. He is a graduate of Columbia university and has a law degree from Harvard. He was the Editor of the Harvard Law Review and after graduation worked as a community organizer helping to re-train laid off auto workers and then as a civil rights lawyer and taught constitutional law at the university of Illinois.

Barack Obama has received a 100% approval from the league of conservation voters, the AFL-CIO, and planned parenthood. He has received an A grade from the National Education Association. He has been endorsed by Ted and Caroline Kenedy, Maria Shriver, Joan Baez, the Los Angeles Times, Oprah Winfrey, John Kerry, and many US. Senators and congressmen and women.

Many candidates come and go, but Obama is a movement, not a candidate. Yesterday I went to Bangor to see him Speak and over 12,000 people showed up. Many could not get into the auditorium, so he set up a soap box and spoke to them outside be fore coming in and giving an emotional and substantive speech to 8,500 people of all ages and backgrounds.

I am here to ask you to Believe in his ability to bring about true change in this country. I ask you Believe that he will do the Right things to improve our country for the Right reasons. I ask you to believe that he has true compassion for those who suffer.I ask you to believe that he will work together with all party’s to pass legislation to benefit us all. And now I ask you to believe in OUR OWN ability to help bring change in our nations capitol, and to believe in Barack Obama’s ability to help us bring that change!

In closing I would like to quote Barack himself from a speech that he gave this past martin Luther King day at the ebenezer Baptist church in Atlanta,

” IN THE STRUGGLE FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE WE CANNOT WALK ALONE,

IN THE STRUGGLE TO HEAL THIS NATION AND REPAIR THIS WORLD, WE CANNOT WALK ALONE,

IN THE STRUGGLE FOR FOR OPPURTUNITY AND EQUALITY, WE CANNOT WALK ALONE,

SO I ASK YOU TO WALK WITH ME, AND JOIN YOUR VOICE WITH MINE, AND TOGETHER WE WILL SING THE SONG THAT TEARS DOWN THE WALL THAT DIVIDES US , AND LIFT UP AN AMERICA THAT IS TRULY INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!!!